Friday, December 16, 2005

Hang Dog

Why is it that I've been feeling a little bit more grumpy lately? I can only guess that it's a mixture to do with money worries, jobs, relationship stuff and frustration about the hard things about life.

I went to Hang Dog yesterday. I climbed the easy wall right to the top easily and comfortably. I even had a go on one of the walls with an overhang part, but my arms weren't strong enough to lift me up passed it.

I thought trying to climb those walls at Hang Dog would bring back old memories of climbing a portable wall that was brought to my old primary school one time, which I climbed to the top on... but only just since I was shorter and more afraid of heights back then. But I remember feeling afraid as I was climbing the old portable wall that was brung to my old school about ten years ago.

At Hang Dog, when I was being shown how to belay, it took me embarassingly longer than everyone else to understand how to do it. The instructor showed me how to do it twice. After my second attempt, he said "STOP THINKING AND JUST FOLLOW!"... those words stand out in my mind... it's just another example when I've thought too much...even thought I can't remember what I was thinking about at the time. Yet I find it amusing anyway. It's good to be able to laugh at yourself in times of trouble and peril.

No comments: