Saturday, July 30, 2005

Da polleece

Wow, i got pulled over by a police car today which is the first time that's ever happened to me.

It happened as I was driving along to an interestion near Station Village (has Western Hutt station in it and lollipop's playland). I approached the intersection, and not expecting to see any cars, I started accelerating. While I was accelerating, another car came by which just happened to be a police car. I quickly slammed the breaks while making a skidding screeching noise... The police car gave way to me to let me come out, but seeing as I don't tihnk it was at a Give Way sign, it was probably so it could drive behind me and pull me over... which he did after driving behind me for a few seconds before turning on his blue and red flashing lights. A small dose of andrenaline came through me at the time and I began to prepare myself for a large fine for any reason that I could not think of (maybe I didn't have a current WOF or maybe I could have possibly been charged for wreckless driving, I wasn't sure. And that was the one moment so far in my life where I myt have killed myself if I didn't have my license with me)...anyway the officer got out of his car and checked my licsense (he possibly wanted to make sure I wasn't on my Restricted seeing as it was around about 10:20pm) and WOF and asked if I lived around here and where I lived. He even suprisingly told me he thought I had an English accent!!! and asked for an explanation of what I did at the intersection. Finally he told me to brush up on my Give Way Rules... mind you I know them well enough, it's just that in some conditions (like night-time rain) it's hard to see which places on the road have Give Way signs.

So eventually I came home. Told Mum and Dad about it. However I should admit that I was all really amused about it. They didn't really tell me off or even give me some "tips" on road safety. After that I just went up stairs and played guitar. Playing guitar is like the thing that I do when i'm either: happy, worried, stressed, frustrated, annoyed, angry, bored, or even procrastinating. In other words I play guitar all the time when ever I can when I'm at home. I'm more crazy about the guitar now than I ever was about the clarinet or the saxophone. I might have to marry it one day. Hey, it beats picking ur finger-nails (just joking).

No comments: