Sunday, February 05, 2006

Caring About Things

Why is it I can't be bothered doing some things. I can't be bothered doing so many things so often. And is it a good idea to care that one can't be bothered to do anything. I hear a continous debate in my mind about whether I should care about particular things or not... Sometimes I care, othertimes, I don't care. But then sometimes I feel guilty for not caring...

Occasionally, I hear someone use the phrase "I don't care!"

Okay, now for something FUN. Let's completely analyse this phrase "I don't care!":

When someone says they don't care, does that mean that they really don't care, or does that mean that they just don't want you to think they care, or does that mean they're just reaffirming to themselves that they don't care because they're uncertain about whether they actually care or not. LOL

One simple phrase made to be so confusing!!!

Oh well, I don't care!

LOL

Ok, I'm going away to some place that's about 5 hours drive away from Wellington (I keep forgetting the name of where I'm going. Waikarkoura or something like that) next week for about 5-8 days implanting seismographs into the ground for my dad's work. I'm getting paid so that's good, but i'm worried about how much work i'll have to do and whether it's within my working capacity. Oh well, only one way to find out!;)

And so today, I was the only one home tonight... so i had to organise dinner somehow. We had hardly anything in the cupboard, so I had to get dinner by other means;) I thought about getting pizza delivered, which, from Pizza Hutt, would have cost about $24 for two pizzas delivered. But instead, I went to the supermarket and bought 2 cans of soup, 2 cans of baked beans, 2 large packets of peanut M&ms, one packet of sesame cracker biscuits, one 2.25 Litre bottle of coke and some barley sugars for $22. What a SAVING! compared with buying 2 large pizzas for $24. assumging there's 16 pieces of pizza from 2 large pizzas, that's like 67 cents per piece of pizza (yes, i used a calculator to work that out;) ) And yes I was very proud ;)

No comments: