Monday, February 20, 2006

Zen philosophy

The other day I was shopping at the warehouse (where everyone gets a bargain) and a book filled up with quotes on Zen philosophy caught my eye!

On the back of the book tho is a quote that says:

"Sit quietly doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself"
(Zen Wisdom. I don't think there's a known author)

Now, I interpret this quote as saying like "go with the flow!" or do nothing and everthing will sort itself out.

But I often do nothing anyway. If you know me, you probably know that I am someone who often does "nothing". But look where doing nothing has got me!!!!:O

So then maybe I will completely ignore this quote of ancient Zen wisdom that was developed from hundreds and hundreds of years of thinking and wondering by Zen philosphers... meanwhile I'm not even a 100 years old. Not that being 100 years old is young or anything;)


Here are a couple of other quotes of Zen ancient wisdom!:

"Do not seek the truth. Only cease to cherish options" (This one sounds confusing.)

"I drink tea and forget the world's noises." (Sounds random but has some sense.)

"Silence is a friend that will never betray."
Confucius

Some parts of Zen philosophy I agree with, but other parts I'm not too sure about.

No comments: