Saturday, September 23, 2006

One word: blah

One word: blah.

Isn't it just funny how shops never advertise to say how they've just put up their prices. Like they advertise all the time to say they've decreased their prices or are having a huge mega sale... but they never advertise to say they've just increased their prices by 10% or anything. And ever since all this crisis in the middle east, prices have increased a lot.

Quite a while ago I went into the Uni Stop shop to buy a pie, expecting the pie to cost $1.50. I even opened up my wallet to grab out a dollar coin and a 50 cent coin in advance, but to my striken surprise I was told the pies now cost $1.60 so I had to grab another 10 cents out or my wallet. AN EXTRA 10 CENTS. I was sad to let that extra 10 cents go but the benefits of having a pie instead of a 10 cent coin were too tempting.

And the other night I ordered some Domino's pizza. I expected the cost to be $20 for two pizzas delivered. So I talked to the phone operator and told him "Hi, I'd like, er, um, one Godfather um on thin and crispy, and er, one Mr Wedge on pan base"
The phone operator said "ok, that'll be $23.90 and will be at your place in 30 mins."
"$23.90!!?!?" I shouted
"Yea. Is that alright?" said the phone operator
"Yea, ok then", I said.
The price was slightly more expensive but seeing as I just can't ever resist pizza, I gave in. I even knew that Domino's pizzas probably cost less than $3 to make seeing as I used to work there. I was even glad they had resisted the temptation to add an extra 10 cents onto their price to make it a whole number interger of $24.00 *sarcasm*. But $3.90 is still quite a bit when your just a poor little student struggling to finance your normal life... not that I get pizza very often... Okay, maybe three times a month.

I blame all these price increases on the rise in stupid oil prices. It's always stupid oil prices isn't it. The Middle-East has a problem and then the whole world suffers from all the shops suddenly increasing their prices.

1 comment:

Vincent McNabb said...

Come to the Warehouse today! Parallel imported shoes from China, were $15 now $20!!!! Come quick before stocks are depleted...

The Warehouse, where everyone gets a bargain.