Sunday, April 10, 2005

Diets...

Who needs to go on diets. No one really. Like, many dieting programs are absolutely nonsense. In fact, dieting companies probably want you to stay fat so that you can try their next break-through dieting program. 'Lose 10 kilograms for $10' or something like that. In my opinion, the most likely way to get fit and stay fit is not particularly to go on diets, but do get exercise. And what's the best and most fun way to get exercise? By taking up a sport such as tennis, rugby, judo, karate etc. These not only provide some means to get fit, but they are constantly every week or so(when you do practice for them, and play games with clubs or friends) and they are fun. And not only would these help make you fit, but they would also have a practical purpose to them. Such as if you played lots of tennis, you would become very good at it. Or if you practiced karate, you could defend yourself when your being attacked by some bastards up a dark alley.(Hit them with a 'Judo chop', or a 'Karate Deathlock'), when initially your only motivation was to get fit and stay fit and fit into those new clothes you might like to buy which you saw in the shop the other day.

Not me tho. I don't usually like clothes shopping. I already have all the clothes I need. Normally, i prefer looking for that latest release computer game that people are rating as a five-star "must have", "kicks ass" computer game... I got a really good deal the other day in fact: I got two games that together would be worth $160, and i got them both for $60. That's not even half price!:P I thought this was stealing and that i might get arrested when i left the shop, but the shop assistant said that's what the price was (so in other words, if the police had arrested me, i would have said "it wasn't me, it was the guy in the shop's fault". Then i can imagine the police saying "umm that guy doesnt even work here...")... Anyway, that didnt happen fortunately and I got them both. WoOt, yyaay... And now... I ask myself... does that mean i'm cheap? Am I a cheap bastard? Well, the answer to that is probably not. And that is because it was a sale. And we all happen to take advantage of sales when they happen. In fact you're probably not smart if u've never been to a sale. It is part of being human that we all go to our favourite shop's sales isnt it? In fact, it is a human right to go to all the sales we like. So now, since you have just about finished reading this post(don't start reading the others either yet), go look in the newspaper for the next coming sale so you can go and buy loads of cheap stuff.

No comments: