Friday, August 19, 2005

Big news

Well... I got some big news last Wednesday... I didn't think I should say anything cos I wasn't sure if it would happen... and I'm not sure if i want to get one... but we're getting a new pet.

My parents saw her while up in Carterton in a shop window. I haven't seen her yet but apparently she's really cute. And my parents made me guess what it was before they told me. I was given a couple of clues:

1) it's got four legs
2) it's about 30 cm high

My first guess was a horse! (Lol, i don't know why i said that first. I spose I just thought it was more likely that my parents would randomly buy a horse.). My second guess was a cat. But then my dad had to remind me that I'm allergic to cats so they couldn't have got a cat.

You can probably guess by now what it is. (IT'S A PUPPY!)

WE"RE GETTING A PUPPY!!! :O :D :S

It's a doberman. Just like my old dog Cora. Cora died from cancer in her throat 11 years ago when she was 16. I still miss her. And she's buried at my old house in the back yard so I may not be able to visit her grave again for a long time.

After Cora died, i was devastated. I cried a lot and mourned her. The reality I faced back then was that I had to get used to life without ever seeing Cora again in the house, or strolling around outside. She was a very friendly and peaceful dog. (And when we had Cora, I was given my first chance to eat dog biscuits. Honestly, I didn't think they tasted that bad!!!).

And after that I felt like I did not want to go through the pain of losing another pet. And so I felt like I never wanted to get another pet ever again... The sad thing is that we all have to face losing someone whom we love in our life eventually... But now my parents have gone out and bought a new puppy. And they tell me that since I have the university holidays at the moment, I have to look after her :O

So the reality I now face is:

- a smelly house
- possible piss stains on the carpet
- torn up shoes and socks
- going for dog walks
- howling whenever I try playing the guitar
- drops of slober scattered around the house
- dog fur

AND the most HORRIFYING PROSPECT is:

- bits of poop lying around outside that someone will have to clear up. And while she's a puppy, there'll be the possibly added bonus of little bits of poop lying around inside that someone will also have to clear up. (Hopefully not me)

We've been trying to think of names for her as well. We want a name that is more like a family name. Not a name like Fang, Spike or Chopper!

So far, the possibilities I've heard of are: Polly, Pipi, Sophie, Cassie, Kelly.

She's coming tomorrow, so this might be my last "petless" night for a long time. But i'm certain we'll give her all the love and attention she needs and will fit in fine.

1 comment:

Vincent McNabb said...

I'm sure you'll fall in love with the dog in no time.

I heard that you didn't go to bed until 10am Sunday morning. I can't believe that you weren't tired enough to go to bed. Why did you leave? Thats right! Because you were tired! (hahaha *sarcasm). So when's the next time we should wake up all my neighbors???

P.s. Did you notice the "I'm sure you'll ... in no time" cliché?