Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"Exciting" ways to get money

I was listening to the radio (ZM) where I heard about some things that people were selling on TradeMe. I found them amusing enough to write about them in my blog. Here they are:

-The last cigarette ever legally smoked in a New Zealand bar. This is funny as it's only a cigarette. People smoke these everyday. The only thing that gives it value is that it was the last "legally" smoked cigarette in a bar in New Zealand.

- A heart-shaped potatoe chip. Apparently it truely is in a heart shape, and it's a relatively big potatoe chip. It was found in a BBQ flavoured packet of Kettles. The seller suggests giving it to a loved one... or something like that. The highest current bid so far is $11.00... so that's an idea. If Kettles could make funny shaped chips in all their packets, they could make a lot more money, such as selling a whole packet of heart-shaped chips. That would be more exciting than your average packet of normal oval shaped chips.

- Unopened 15 year-old coke bottle. This is currently selling for $100... And if you've been into my room, you might know that I have lots and lots of uneaten sweets and candy from over 8 years ago at least. I like to think how much these could sell for now, or if I waited another 7 years... But really, I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy these sorts of things.

And did you hear about the farmer who sold all the animals on his farm and grew lots of trees instead and so was able to start selling carbon credits? Well... I just thought that was a prime example of how "money can grow on trees" ;) That's the sorta way I want to earn money in the future. This involves buying things that will bring you money whereby you don't have to do a thing to earn it. The most common example of this is rental property; you receive a weekly cashflow of a particular amount of money for allowing tenants to stay there. And the best thing is that this money comes to you even if you don't "lift a finger" all week. You don't have to do anything until the tenants move out, whereby you can renovate the place a little bit and then find more tenants and so the very nice weekly cashflow starts coming again. Not to mention the value of the property inceases over time :P

... hmm, maybe I've been reading too many "get rich quick" books, lol.

No comments: