Monday, October 17, 2005

Tests/exams

Here I am. Again. Writing a post. Again. Sitting at the computer listening to music. Again. Scrambling my brain staring at the computer screen. Again. And u get the point.

I've got exams coming up (again). But it's not like I've never done an exam before. Nope! The whole business to do with exams started way back in primary school.. I remember sitting my first ever test. Believe it or not, but in primary school, I actually found sitting tests to be fun because I could see how well I was doing, and I could look forward to the excitment of getting a test result back (good or bad). However, that was before I knew that tests/exams count towards important aspects of your academic record. That was also why I enjoyed tests cos it gave me time to get lost in my own thoughts and I would just finish the test questions off at the last minute. Hense why I often didn't do very well in tests at primary school.

But in secondary school, well that was when tests/exams started to become annoying for various reasons that i don't feel like mentioning lol.

Anyway... exams to me are hard to study for since studying is so hard to do when there are so many things happening around you (that are a bit more interesting)

So... Today I didn't play guitar until 6:00pm tonight. That's quite a good record for me. Usually it'd be one of the first things I do after I get out of bed (that's apart from the days where I have university) The thing I've been trying to work on the most is creating solos where the notes fit together. But that's relatively easy. The hard bit is finding something that sounds good! So far I've learnt the major scale, blues scale and Dorian scale patterns for on the fretboard. I'll get there eventually but sometimes I wonder of perhaps I should have taken a Music degree instead of a Conjoint Science and Commerce degree. However I don't think I want to abandon chemistry and I want to know the "commerce stuff" for the outside world.

1 comment:

Vincent McNabb said...

Hehe

I never really cared about tests and exams at all. I've always been quite impartial about them.

It did not pay off though... so let's see how University goes for me this summer...